Please read & understand the following Sungkadon Obstacle Sprint Run 2017 Rules & Regulations below BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR THE EVENT.
1. The event is open to both Malaysian and foreigners of age 18 years and above who are physically, mentally fit and understand all the risk and danger of this sport.
2. If you are under 18 years, you must obtain and produced a consent letter from your legal Parent/Guardian before we can accept your registration.
3. All completed entry application forms must be submitted together with the appropriate entry fee in the form of Cash only made payable to the organisers before the specified cut off date. Any form which is late or not fully/correctly filled will not be entertained.
4. The organizers have the right to reject and limit entries. Any participant who withdraws after being accepted shall have their fee forfeited.
5. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established participant capacity.
6. Participants will collect their race kit at the location that will be announced nearer to the event date.
7. Participants must bring along their original identity cards or passports and receipts when collecting their race kit.
8. To avoid delay in flag off, no race pack collection on event day.
9. Participants will need to notify directly to our race secretariat if they are sending a representative to collect their race pack on their behalf.
10. Timing chip will only be provided to Elite participant. IF REQUIRED, a security deposit fee for the timing chip shall be collected during race pack collection.
11. Security deposit will be FULLY REFUNDED upon returning the timing chip in good/undamaged condition.
12. Only Elite Competitive category will chip timed. Finalized results will only be determined after the final report from obstacle station is examined.
13. This is a NON-TIMED event for Open Fun Run category.
PARTICIPANT CONDUCT & SAFETY
14. Fair play is expected from all participant. The Organiser will have the right to discuss, take marshals records should any foul play is reported.
15. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner towards the community and their fellow participants during their participation in the event.
16. All registered runner will receive a bib numb that must be worn on race day. The Bib must be visible during the race, else you will be considered a bandit runner and will be escorted off the course.
17. Participant must pin their race bib on the front outermost layer of his/her shirt.
18. No participant, after leaving the course, shall be allowed to rejoin the race either for the purpose of gaining a place or to pace or to assist another participant.
19. Only participant with bib number/identification will be allowed on event course. Organiser will have absolute discretion to escort/remove unidentified individual from the event course.
20. Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the race route (“cutting the course”) shall be immediately disqualified from the event.
21. Elite participant must make a genuine attempt at every obstacle. Should you fail an obstacle you must do the prescribed penalty by obstacle station marshals.
22. Fun Run participant will not be forced to perform any penalties, if they skip or unable to complete an obstacle
23. Medical personnel authorized by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorized medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove a participant from the event.
24. Participants must retire from the race immediately, if asked / requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical staff, race director, umpire and / or security officers / marshals.
BIB NUMBER / PARTICIPANT IDENTIFICATION
25. Any person who participates in the event without a current official event bib number not officially assigned to him/her is subject to removal and disqualification from the event.
26. BIB number or any given form of identification is the participant responsibity. In case of loss, there will be no bib/identification replacement. NO BIB NO RACE!
27. Participant must check-in & sign attendance before flagging off according to their respective given time wave. Automatic disqualification if participant does not start according to their give time wave unless reasonable reason is given to the organiser.
28. Participant allotted wave time is determined by first-come first-serve basis.
29. All participants must be present at the appointed time to receive instructions and to participate in the Official Start of the race.
30. All participants must be positioned behind the Start line prior to the race start
31. Participants who do not start according to the wave time assigned to them by the Organiser are not entitled to the results of the race.
PRIZE / AWARDS
32. Only Elite participant will be entitled the offered cash prizes.
33. The Organizer reserves the right to change, add or substitute the prizes with a prize of equivalent value.
34. The Organiser shall be entitled to use pictures and documentation of the Participants taken during the event for purposes related with the Sungkadon Obstacle Sprint Run 2017 or any future events, in which the Participant is visible.
35. The Organiser will save personal data provided by the Participant in a database. By participating in this Event, Participant grants the Organiser permission to use the personal data to send information to the Participant for the purpose of sending event related information to the Participant.
36. By entering into the Agreement the Participant grants the Organiser permission to publish his name and competition results, for instance by means of publication in newspapers and via the Internet.
37. Sungkadon Obstacle Sprint Run 2017 IS NOT your typical running event, it involves obstacle & physical task that will demand your mental strength, concentration, patience & teamwork to help others to complete the obstacles. Key point for the event is to challenge yourself while having fun.
38. Participants understand and accept the organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to alter the date of the event, change the published event course if deemed necessary or if safety is an issue.
39. The organizers or officials shall not be held liable for any injury or loss of life to any participant or spectator for the loss or damage to their (participants’ or spectators’) properties arising from their participation in the Event, whether before or during or after the Events.
40. Entry form must be fully completed and submitted using the registration method announced by the organiser.